Mold Assessments in Venice | Tips for Drying Your Home After a Leak
Did you recently have a plumbing leak, or did your house get flooded? When we perform mold assessments in Venice, one of the most common causes of mold is a home that got wet and didn’t get dried properly. Here are some tips for drying out so you can prevent mold growth:
- Act very fast. Mold can grow in less than a day.
- Dry your carpets using fans. Air drying is not fast enough to prevent mold growth.
- Put a dehumidifier in the room. This will help suck up the moisture in the air so more water can evaporate.
- Use steam to sanitize the carpets and upholstered furniture. Steam cleaning helps kill bacteria and fungi.
- Use bleach to sanitize the walls, baseboards, and hard floor surfaces. Bleach also kills fungi and other microbes.
- Keep an eye out for water damage. If you have any furniture or a rug that is looking worse than the rest of the room, remove it – mold can spread from the furniture to other parts of the room.
The best thing you can do right after a wet situation is to call the professionals for mold assessments. We can come in before you even see signs of mold and perform an air quality test to determine if spores are present. This way, you can attack the problem before it gets worse. To schedule this service, contact us online or call our office at 1-888-851-5755.